Show download pdf controls
  • Reducing your reportable fringe benefits amount

    If it would suit your circumstances, you can reduce the amount of fringe benefits shown on your payment summary or income statement in myGov for future years by:

    • arranging with your employer to replace your fringe benefits with cash salary
    • making employee contributions out of your after-tax income towards the cost of the benefits – generally, by making a cash payment to your employer or the person who provided the benefit. (For example, you can make an employee contribution towards a car fringe benefit by paying a third party for some of the operating costs – such as fuel –that your employer doesn't reimburse.)
    • changing the benefits you receive to exempt benefits.
    Last modified: 29 Mar 2019QC 58435