• Fuel and oil expenses declaration

    You can apply car expenses paid for by an employee as an employee contribution under both the statutory formula and operating cost methods. However, the employee must provide you with documentary evidence of the expenditure (for example, receipts or invoices). In the case of petrol and oil costs, a declaration from the employee is sufficient. The declaration must be in form approved by the Commissioner.

    You have to obtain any relevant declarations before the due date for lodging your annual FBT return or, if you do not have to lodge a return, by 21 May.

    To obtain a copy of the fuel expenses declaration, refer to Declarations.

      Last modified: 08 May 2012QC 17818