To obtain an FRWV application:
- visit ato.gov.au
- phone 1300 306 105
You can download the following useful publications from ato.gov.au or phone our automated publications distributions service on 1300 720 092 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
- Tax file number application or enquiry form and instructions for an individual living outside Australia (NAT 2628)
- Foreign resident withholding (FRW): who it affects (NAT 12589).
- Visit ato.gov.au to download publications, rulings and other general tax information.
- General business enquiries phone 13 28 66 for most small business tax issues, including entitlement and requirements for TFNs and ABNs, tax deductible expenses, income exemptions, tax treaties, treaty and article numbers, residency, publications or rulings, employee or contractor status and tax losses.
- Personal tax enquiries phone 13 28 61 for individual income tax and general personal enquiries.
Our phone services are available from 8.00am to 6.00pm (Australian Eastern Standard Time or Eastern Daylight-saving Time), Monday to Friday.
End of attention
Phoning from overseas
If you are calling from overseas, phone +61 2 6216 1111 during our business hours, 8.00am to 5.00pm (Australian Eastern Standard Time or Eastern Daylight-saving Time).
Translating and teletype services
If you do not speak English well and need help from the ATO, phone the Translating and Interpreting Service on 13 14 50. If you are calling from overseas, phone +61 3 9203 4027.
If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment, phone the ATO through the National Relay Service (NRS) on the numbers listed below:
- TTY users, phone 13 36 77 and ask for the ATO number you need. If you are calling from overseas, phone +61 7 3815 7799
- Speak and Listen (speech-to-speech relay) users, phone 1300 555 727 and ask for the ATO number you need. If you are calling from overseas, phone +61 7 4815 8000
- internet relay users, connect to the NRS on relayservice.com.auExternal Link and ask for the ATO number you need.
This fact sheet provides information on PAYG - foreign resident withholding (FRW) and how FRW affects non-residents receiving specific payments from Australian payers.
Translating and teletype phone services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
End of attention