Show download pdf controls
  • Taxable payments annual report

    You may need to lodge a Taxable payments annual report (TPAR) by 28 August each year if you run a business that provides:

    The TPAR tells us about payments that are made to different contractors for providing certain services. Contractors can include subcontractors, consultants and independent contractors. They can be operating as sole traders (individuals), companies, partnerships or trusts.

    To make is easier to complete your TPAR, you may need to check you're collecting the right information about the payments you make to contractors. The information you need to report is generally on the invoice a contractor gives you. This includes:

    • their Australian business number (ABN)
    • their name and address
    • gross amount (before tax amount) you paid to them during the financial year (including any GST).

    We use information from the TPAR to check contractors are reporting all their income correctly.


    Media: [Introduction to the Taxable Payments Reporting System] Link(Duration:00:59)

    Find out about:

    Authorised by the Australian Government, Canberra 

      Last modified: 15 Nov 2018QC 43149