Show download pdf controls
  • Independent advice

    You should also get independent advice from an adviser who has no connection with the seller or the arrangement. We have information available to help you make informed decisions, or you might talk to your financial adviser or tax agent. Don't be misled by advisers who are recommended to you by someone involved with the arrangement.

    If you are obtaining advice from a tax agent, check they are a registered tax agent.

    Next steps:

    Check the list of registered tax agents at the Tax Practitioners Board:

    Last modified: 13 Sep 2016QC 45972