Show download pdf controls
  • Get out of a scheme

    Not only can involvement in a tax scheme risk your original investment, you could also have to pay any underpaid taxes as well as additional interest and penalties.

    If you are already involved in a tax avoidance scheme and this affects returns you've lodged in previous years, phone us on 1800 060 062.

    If you need to request an amendment to your assessment, we can help you.

    You will have to pay any outstanding tax and you may face penalties for the shortfall amount. However, if you voluntarily disclose your participation, you may be eligible for a reduction of any penalties that may be imposed. Payment plans are also available.

    You can also talk to your tax agent or an independent adviser.

    See also:

    Last modified: 13 Sep 2016QC 33632