How to lodge your FBT return
You can lodge your fringe benefits tax (FBT) return:
- electronically, using Standard Business Reporting (SBR)-enabled software
- through your tax agent
- by post.
You can download and print the FBT return and accompanying instructions:
Alternatively, you can obtain a paper copy of the FBT return (NAT 1067) and the instructions (NAT 2376) by using the publication ordering service or phoning 1300 720 092.
You must lodge your annual FBT return with us by 21 May. However, if a tax agent is preparing your FBT return, different lodgment arrangements may apply.
If the due date falls on a weekend or public holiday, you can lodge and make any associated payment on the next business day.
You may have to pay a penalty if you lodge your FBT return after the due date.
You must include the following on your FBT return:
- the amount of FBT you have to pay
- the different types of fringe benefits you provided
- the total employee contributions for some benefit types
- the total taxable value of each benefit type.
If you are registered for FBT, but don’t need to lodge an FBT return for the year, complete a Fringe benefits tax – notice of non-lodgment.
You can lodge your FBT return electronically or by post. The annual FBT return is due by 21 May.