Show download pdf controls
  • Non-residents

    If you were a non-resident during the income year and received Australian-sourced bank interest, you are required to pay tax at the non-resident withholding rates on any interest income you received.

    Check if you reported your residency status correctly on your tax return. If it is incorrect, phone us on the number provided on your letter and we will correct it and issue an amended notice of assessment.

    Next step:

    See also:

    Last modified: 15 Aug 2018QC 41729