Show download pdf controls
  • Other deductions

    Check if you can claim other expenses for managing your tax affairs, but don’t relate to your work as an other deduction.

    In this section

    Cost of managing tax affairs
    You can claim a deduction for expenses you incur to manage your tax affairs, such as lodging with a registered agent.

    Gifts and donations
    Check when you can claim for gifts or donations you make to deductible gift recipients and the records you need.

    Income protection insurance
    When you can claim a deduction for insurance you take out to protect your income in the event of injury or illness.

    Interest charged by the ATO
    You can claim a deduction for certain interest imposed by the ATO.

    Interest, dividend and other investment income deductions
    When you can claim for costs you incur to earn interest, have shares or other investments, such as a rental property.

    Personal super contributions
    Find out when you can claim a deduction for contributions you make to your super fund or retirement savings account.

    Undeducted purchase price of a foreign pension or annuity
    When you can claim a deduction to reduce the taxable amount on income you receive from a foreign pension or annuity.

    Last modified: 07 Jun 2022QC 31921