Undeducted Purchase Price of a foreign pension or annuity

If you have income from a foreign pension or annuity you may be entitled to claim a deduction to reduce the taxable amount if your pension or annuity has an undeducted purchase price (UPP).

Only some foreign pensions and annuities have a UPP. The UPP is the amount you contributed towards the purchase price of your pension or annuity - your personal contributions.

If your pension is from another country and you think you are entitled to claim a deductible amount, complete a Request for a determination of the deductible amount of UPP of a foreign pension or annuity.

Last modified: 25 May 2016QC 31987