Show download pdf controls
  • Adult industry workers: work-related expenses

    Deductions for adult industry workers can include:

    To claim a work-related deduction:

    • you must have spent the money yourself and weren't reimbursed
    • it must be directly related to earning your income
    • you must have a record to prove it.

    If the expense was for both work and private purposes, you can only claim a deduction for the work-related portion.

    Remember to report all income in your tax return and remove any portion of your expense that is not work-related.

    When you claim a deduction, you are stating that everything you have told us is true and can be supported with records. You are responsible for the claims you make in your tax return, even if you use a registered tax agent to prepare and lodge it on your behalf.

      Last modified: 04 Apr 2018QC 18626