Lift Capital liquidation - fact sheet for investors who borrowed money under the Lift Capital facility agreement
This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
This document contains information about the proceeds of the liquidation of Lift Capital Partners Pty Ltd and Lift Capital Nominees No. 1 Pty Ltd (collectively Lift Capital) you received during the 2011 income year, or will receive in subsequent income years.
This information applies to you if:
- you are an individual and not a company or trust
- you are an Australian resident for tax purposes
- you are a Lift Capital client who mortgaged securities (for example, publicly listed shares or public trust units) to Lift Capital under the facility agreement
- the liquidators have advised you of your established scheme claim under the scheme of arrangement
- you acquired your mortgaged securities after 19 September 1985
- any gain or loss you would make from your mortgaged securities is treated only as a capital gain or loss - this means that you held your securities as an investment asset, not
- as trading stock
- as part of carrying on a business, or
- to make a short-term or one-off commercial gain.