Patrick Corporation Limited takeover by Toll Holdings Limited
This publication can be downloaded in Portable Document Format (PDF): download Patrick Corporation Limited takeover by Toll Holdings Limited [297kB].
This instruction is for individual taxpayers who had shares in Patrick Corporation (Patrick) when it was taken over by Toll Holdings (Toll) to help them work out their capital gains or losses from the takeover and the initial cost base for the Toll shares they received.
This information applies to you if you meet all the following conditions:
- you are an individual not a company or trust
- you are an Australian resident for tax purposes
- you held shares in Patrick when it was taken over by Toll
- you did not acquire your Toll shares under an employee share scheme, and
- any gain or loss you made on the shares is a capital gain or capital loss; this means that you held your shares as an investment asset, not:
- as trading stock
- as part of carrying on a business, or
- to make a short-term or 'one-off' commercial gain.