Show download pdf controls
  • Offsets

    Spouse (without dependent child or student) – For 2014 and earlier years only

    Provide the following:

    • full name of your spouse
    • residential address of your spouse
    • evidence your spouse was born before 1 July 1952
    • details of your spouse’s adjusted taxable income
    • details of whether you or your spouse is entitled to receive Family Tax Benefit Part B from the Services Australia
    • your calculation of the spouse tax offset
    • proof of identity of your spouse – for example, a copy of their passport, birth certificate or marriage certificate
    • evidence of residence of your spouse – for example, a            
      • copy of a bank statement
      • letter from Services Australia
      • driver licence
      • rates notice that shows their name and address.
    • if your spouse is not an Australian resident but you have applied for your spouse to immigrate, you may still be able to claim the offset; if this is applicable to your situation provide a copy of the immigration application and evidence of your contribution to the maintenance of your spouse.

    See also:

      Last modified: 08 Aug 2019QC 24929