Show download pdf controls
  • Investing in Australia

    Foreign residents are taxed in Australia on income earned from their Australian investments.

    For interest, unfranked dividends and royalties, tax is generally withheld in Australia at the time of payment. But if you receive rental income from Australian properties or capital gains from selling Australian assets, you must declare these amounts in an Australian tax return.

    Find out about:

    Last modified: 30 May 2015QC 33214