Lodging online with myTax is the quick, easy, safe and secure way for you to prepare and lodge your own tax return. The deadline to lodge your tax return is 31 October.
Benefits of lodging with myTax:
Start your tax return with myTax
- most information from your employer, bank and government agencies will be pre-filled by late August, so you’ll have a quicker and easier experience at this time
- we use a range of systems and controls to ensure that your information is protected – it's as safe as online banking
- it's available 24/7 so you can lodge at your convenience
- you get your refund faster – generally within 2 weeks
- available for all individuals who want to lodge their own tax return, including sole traders.
Note: myTax is accessed through myGov. By clicking this link you will be taken away from ato.gov.au. Once logged in, follow these menu options: Tax> Income tax> Lodge return> Lodge
MyTax is the quick, easy, safe and secure way to lodge online. It's web-based, so you don't need to download anything and you can lodge your tax return on any device – computer, smartphone or tablet. To see it in action, watch our video.
MyTax was upgraded to do even more and is now available for all individuals including sole traders.
Upgrades and features in 2016:
- myDeductions data automatically loads into your return (excludes sole traders)
- new online tools to record depreciation and capital gains
- ability to lodge or amend prior year returns
- fully integrated tools and calculators
- helpful messages to guide you through your lodgment
- now includes
- business and professionals items
- rental property schedules
- distributions from partnership and trusts
- capital gains tax.
More 'how to' videos
Lodging online with myTax is the quick, easy, safe and secure way to do your own tax.