• Lodge online

    Lodging online with myTax is the quick, easy, safe and secure way for you to prepare and lodge your own tax return.

    Benefits of lodging with myTax:

    • from August, information from employers, banks and government agencies is pre-filled, saving you time and effort
    • we use a range of systems and controls to ensure that your information is protected – it's as safe as online banking
    • it's available 24/7 so you can lodge at your convenience
    • you get your refund faster – generally within 2 weeks
    • now available for all individuals who want to lodge their own tax return, including sole traders (from 1 July 2016).
    Lodge online

    MyTax is the quick, easy, safe and secure way to lodge online. It's web-based, so you don't need to download anything and you can lodge your tax return on any device – computer, smartphone or tablet. To see it in action, watch our video.



    New features

    MyTax has been upgraded to do even more and is now available for all individuals including sole traders.

    Upgrades and features in 2016 include:

    • myDeductions data automatically loads into your return (excludes sole traders)
    • new online tools to record depreciation and capital gains
    • ability to lodge or amend prior year returns
    • fully integrated tools and calculators
    • helpful messages to guide you through your lodgment
    • now includes
      • business and professionals items (BPI)
      • rental property schedules
      • Capital Gains Tax

    See also:

  • Last modified: 27 May 2016QC 40183