• Lodge with a registered tax agent

    You can use a registered tax agent to prepare and lodge your tax return for you. Registered tax agents are the only people allowed to charge a fee to prepare and lodge your tax return.

    Most registered tax agents have special lodgment schedules and can lodge returns for their clients later than the usual 31 October deadline. If you're using a tax agent for the first time, or using a different tax agent, you need to contact them before 31 October.

    You can find a registered tax agent, or check whether a person is a registered tax agent, at the Tax Practitioners Board website.

    Using a registered tax agent will provide you with consumer protection. Make sure your registered tax agent:

    • meets and maintains the required standard or qualifications and experience
    • complies with the Code of Professional Conduct.

    Next step:

    See also:

    Last modified: 07 Jul 2016QC 49329