Show download pdf controls
  • Lodging your tax return from outside Australia

    If you'll be overseas during the lodgment period, but continue to be an Australian resident for tax purposes, you should lodge your tax return online.

    Or you can:

    • send your tax return by post to

    Australian Taxation Office
    GPO Box 9845
    SYDNEY NSW 2001

    • have an Australian tax agent lodge your tax return
    • have a friend or family member lodge a tax return on your behalf. You'll need to complete a power of attorney if the friend or family member signs the tax return on your behalf.

    Note: You will need an Australian bank account to lodge online.

    Next steps:

    Last modified: 04 Apr 2019QC 33246