Show download pdf controls
  • Claiming a tax offset

    You may be eligible for a lump sum payment in arrears tax offset to help reduce the tax you have to pay.

    You don’t have to calculate the offset. We will do this for you using your BSWAT tax table information (from Attachment E) that you provide with your tax return.

    Medicare levy

    The Medicare levy is 2% of your taxable income. As taxable income includes a BSWAT lump sum in arrears amount, you will pay the Medicare levy on your BSWAT payment

    The tax supplement included with your BSWAT payment includes an amount to help pay the Medicare levy.

    See also:

    PAYG Instalment

    If your tax return reports $4,000 or more from investment income, you may need to pay PAYG instalments. We will tell you if you have to pay these instalments.

    If you receive PAYG instalment correspondence, contact us for help and more information.

    Next step:

    Phone 13 28 69 between 8.00am and 6.00pm, Monday to Friday.

    Tell the person you reported a BSWAT lump sum in your income tax return and have received PAYG instalment correspondence which you need to speak about.

    See also:

      Last modified: 27 Jun 2019QC 46588