Toggle left hand content menu
  • Claiming deductions for personal super contributions

    You may be able to claim a tax deduction for contributions you make to your superannuation (super) if you are not an employee (or you get only a small proportion of your income from work as an employee). This includes people who get their income from:

    • a personal business (for example, self-employment)
    • investments (including interest, dividends, rent and capital gains)
    • government pensions or allowances
    • super
    • partnership or trust distributions
    • a foreign source.
    • Last modified: 14 Nov 2014QC 20139