Show download pdf controls
  • Further information about the process

    Why an investigation may be closed if you haven't received payment to your super fund

    We do everything possible to obtain payment from your employer.

    However, there may be circumstances where you won't receive payment. This can happen if:

    • as a result of legal action, a court decision prevents payments owed by your employer from being pursued
    • the cost of us pursuing the unpaid super is higher than the amount owed to you
    • your employer provided information proving they don't owe you any SG
    • your employer provides information proving the amount previously calculated was incorrect. This can happen, for example, if your employer          
      • shows you're not entitled to receive super
      • shows they fulfilled their obligations
      • lodges a request for an amended assessment or an objection.

    We can reinstate an employer’s debt in some circumstances, even if it was reduced to zero. Any payments recovered are forwarded to your super fund.

    See also:

    How to provide additional information in relation to your enquiry

    If your employer recently changed address or contact details, contact us on 13 10 20 for additional information that may assist us in collecting your unpaid super.

    If you would like to extend the period of your enquiry you need to lodge a new enquiry by using the report your employer online tool.

      Last modified: 30 Jan 2018QC 19274