Claiming deductions for personal super contributions

You may be able to claim a tax deduction for contributions you make to your superannuation (super) if you are not an employee (or you get only a small proportion of your income from work as an employee).

This includes people who get their income from:

  • a personal business (for example, self-employment)
  • investments (including interest, dividends, rent and capital gains)
  • government pensions or allowances
  • super
  • partnership or trust distributions
  • a foreign source.

Duration 01:23. A transcript of Super for the self-employed is also available.

Find out about:

    Last modified: 01 Sep 2016QC 20139