Show download pdf controls
  • Access to super less than $200

    You may be able to access your super if you change employers and the balance of your super account is less than $200, or if you have formerly lost super held by a super provider or by us that is less than $200.

    How to apply

    Contact your provider to request access.

    How tax applies

    No tax is payable when accessing super accounts with a balance less than $200.

    See also:

    First home super saver scheme

    To help you save for your first home, you can apply to release voluntary concessional (before-tax) and voluntary non-concessional (after-tax) contributions you have made to your super fund since 1 July 2017. You must meet the eligibility requirements to apply for the release of these amounts.

    You can apply to have a maximum of $15,000 of your voluntary contributions from any one financial year included in your eligible contributions to be released under the FHSS scheme, up to a total of $30,000 contributions across all years. You will also receive an amount of earnings that relate to those contributions.

    See also:

      Last modified: 08 Jan 2020QC 60034