Show download pdf controls
  • Update your details

    There are various ways to update your details depending on whether they are incorrect or if they have changed.

    On this page:

    If your details have changed

    Using ATO online services is the quickest way to update your details. To access ATO online services you will need to link your myGov account to the ATO.

    You can also update your details using the ATO app, which will take you to ATO online services (if you have a myGov account and have linked to the ATO).

    You can use the ATO online service to update your:

    You may need an identity document (such as a birth certificate) that we can verify with the agency that issued it to be able to update some personal details.

    See also:

    If your details are incorrect

    If we've made a mistake when recording your details, contact us – we may be able to update your records over the phone.

    If we need more information, we'll explain the easiest way to provide it.

    If you suspect your identity has been stolen

    If you have reason to believe that your identity, address, tax file number (TFN) or other details are being used fraudulently, you can report your lost or stolen TFN to us.

    Last modified: 20 Jul 2021QC 22608