Show download pdf controls
  • Attributed foreign income



    This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.

    End of attention

    If you have interests in a foreign entity, your share of its income may be attributed to you for income tax purposes, even if the income has not yet been distributed.

    If you have attributed foreign income, you may be entitled to a foreign income tax offset for foreign income tax, income tax, or withholding tax paid by a controlled foreign company (CFC) in which you hold an interest.

    For more information on the tax treatment of attributed income, refer to the publication Attributed foreign income

      Last modified: 04 May 2012QC 28013