How to lodge your application
This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
Once you have completed and signed your application you can lodge it by phone or by post.
Lodging by phone will take you less than seven minutes and we will process applications lodged by phone within 12 business days. We will process applications lodged by post within 50 business days.
Phone lodgment benefits
- The service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To avoid busy periods, phone before midday, after 5.00pm or on weekends.
- It is available from anywhere in Australia.
- Most refunds are issued within 12 business days.
- It takes less than seven minutes to lodge your application.
- However, you cannot use this service to lodge for previous years – only the current 2012–13 financial year.
Do we have your current name, address and financial account details? If you have changed any of these details or are unsure what details you last gave to the ATO, phone us on 13 28 61 before lodging your application by phone.
Lodging by phone
Check that you satisfy all the conditions before trying to lodge this application by phone.
- Complete your Application for refund of franking credits for individuals 2013 before you phone to lodge.
- Phone the lodgment service on 13 28 65, press 2 and then 1.
- Listen to the questions which are based on your completed application.
- Speak naturally, as in normal conversation. There is no need to slow down.
- Say all the numbers individually, for example, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4. For 0, say ‘zero’ or ‘nought’.
- If you need help with a question, say ‘help’.
- If you need a question repeated, say ‘repeat’.
- If you hear a message saying ‘I’m having trouble getting that’, the system will ask you to try again, or the service might ask you to use your phone keypad instead. Wait for the question to finish, then speak clearly when answering.
- Listen carefully because at certain questions the information you have provided will be read back to you to allow you to confirm it is correct. If you have made a mistake you will be given the opportunity to correct the details.
- If you hang up or have to leave the call because of a problem with the system, the information you have provided will be retained when you return to continue with your lodgment.
- At the end of the call you will be given a receipt number to confirm that your application has been lodged. Write the number in the boxes provided on page 2 of your application, above your signature.
- Your call will be recorded in case we need to refer to it later.
- Wait for the receipt number before you hang up. Do not post your paper application to us, but keep it for your records.
Lodging by post
You can post your application to:
Australian Taxation Office
GPO Box 9845
IN YOUR CAPITAL CITY
This is the correct address. The address must appear on your envelope as shown. Do not replace the words IN YOUR CAPITAL CITY with the name of your capital city. Because of a special agreement with Australia Post, there is no need for you to include the capital city or a postcode.