Factory workers 2013-14
This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
This guide, Factory workers 2013-14, is a simple summary of Taxation Ruling TR 95/12 – Income tax: employee factory workers – allowances, reimbursements and work-related deductionsExternal Link. The Taxation Ruling provides information on tax deductions specifically for employee factory workers.
This guide will help you work out what deductions you can claim. It:
- looks at the common expenses you might incur as a factory worker
- explains the claims you can and cannot make
- includes information about some changes to the tax laws that have occurred since the ruling was issued, for example, capital allowances.
Use the Individual tax return instructions with this guide to get your deduction claims right.
Remember, when you sign your tax return, you are declaring that:
- everything you have told us is true, and
- you have or can get the written evidence you need to prove your claims.
You are responsible for this proof even when you use a registered tax agent.
Publications and services
To find out how to get a publication referred to in this guide and for information about our other services, see More information.