Show download pdf controls
  • Get help lodging your tax

    If you’ve read through the information on our website and still have a question or need help, try our:

    • online forum ATO CommunityExternal Link, available 24 hours a day
      • your questions are answered by community members and many responses are ATO-endorsed
      • if another user hasn't already posted your question, we will respond to you as quickly as we can
    • live chat service, which you can access through myTax while preparing your tax return
    • virtual assistant Alex, who is available and ready to help 24/7 on our website
    • Tax time resources in languages other than English

    You may also be able to access our Tax Help program or the National Tax Clinic program for additional support lodging your tax return.

    We're committed to helping those who need help with their tax and super obligations and entitlements in difficult times. If you're affected by a recent event or disaster, such as a bushfire, COVID-19, cyclone, drought, flood or storm, phone us on 1800 806 218.

      Last modified: 09 Sep 2022QC 62802