Show download pdf controls
  • Request an amendment for a refund of franking credits

    How to request an amendment



    This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.

    End of attention

    If you have forgotten to include some dividend information or made a mistake in the dividend information you provided on the form you lodged with us, it is important you request an amendment promptly.

    There are two ways to request an amendment:

    • complete the Application for refund of franking credits for individuals form with the new information and write 'Amendment' at the top of the form
    • write a letter detailing the changes.
      • Ensure you include all the relevant information including your tax file number, name, address, phone number, year and reason for amendment, item number and amount of amendment.
      • Your letter needs to conclude with a signed and dated declaration:
        'I declare that all the information I have given in this form is true and correct and I have the necessary records to support my request for amendment.'

    Once you've completed the form or letter, submit your amendment by:

    • fax
      1300 730 239
    • post
      Australian Taxation Office
      PO Box 3004
      Penrith NSW 2740

    If the amendment results in you owing us money, the amount of penalty will be reduced in most cases because you have told us voluntarily. Remember to keep a copy for your records.

      Last modified: 12 Jun 2017QC 55090