• Article Rating
  •  Average 4 out of 5
  • Do you have a dispute with an employee?

    11 August 2021

    If you have a dispute with an employee and need professional advice, the Fair Work Commission's Workplace Advice Service may be able to help.

    It offers free legal advice to employees and employers across the country.

    The Commission partners with private law firms, community legal centres, legal aid centres and barristers to help people working through employment disputes.

    The Workplace Advice Service can provide you with free independent legal advice on issues such as unfair dismissal, general protections and anti-bullying at work and sexual harassment at work.

    You're eligible to use the service if you have fewer than 15 employees and don’t have:

    • membership of an employer association
    • in-house staff who specialise in workplace relations, HR or law
    • legal representation.

    The service aims to makes things simpler and remove unnecessary costs, particularly where an application doesn't have merit.

    Next step:

    Find out more:

  • Rate this article
  •  Average 4 out of 5