• Article Rating
  •  Average 4.5 out of 5
  • Made an honest mistake on your activity statement?

    4 March 2019

    If you've made a mistake or left something out on a previous activity statement, in most cases you can simply correct the error on your next activity statement or lodge a revised statement.

    You can do this:

    • though myGov
    • on the Business Portal
    • from your business software if it is enabled for Standard Business Reporting (SBR)
    • by phoning us on 13 28 66 to get a revision form.

    You need to correct mistakes within four years.

    We know that most people do the right thing. To keep a level playing field for small businesses who do the right thing, we take stronger action against people who deliberately try to cheat the tax and super system.

    Recently a company director was sentenced for making false claims in their activity statement and creating false supporting evidence.

    Having trouble? Contact us and we'll work with you to find a solution.

    Find out about:

  • Rate this article
  •  Average 4.5 out of 5