• Article Rating
  •  Average 5 out of 5
  • Has your business been impacted by floods?

    6 February 2023  

    If you’re a small business or an individual in an Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment declared local government area, you don’t need to request a deferral for certain obligations.

    You won't be penalised if you lodge by the later date but remember to pay by the original due date. If you can't pay by the due date, contact us to discuss payment options and request a remission of general interest charge.

    If you need help, even if you haven't been directly affected by the floods, contact us or your tax professional to discuss your circumstances. We may be able to:

    • give you extra time to pay tax or lodge tax returns, activity statements or other obligations
    • help you reconstruct lost or damaged tax records
    • prioritise any refunds owed to you.

    For free financial counselling support, you can phone the Small Business Debt Helpline on 1800 413 828 from 9.00 am to 5:30 pm AEST Monday to Friday.

    You can find more information on flood support, how we may be able to help and support from other agencies.

  • Rate this article
  •  Average 5 out of 5
  • Latest articles