• Article Rating
  •  Average 3 out of 5
  • Fix your return if you’ve made these mistakes

    16 November 2022

    We know you want to get your tax return right, so it's helpful to be aware of these 5 common mistakes in case you make and need to fix them:

    The good news is, if you’ve made a mistake or need to change anything, you can easily fix your return through:

    • your registered tax agent
    • Standard Business Reporting (SBR)-enabled software
    • Online services for business
    • a letter
    • myGov, if you're a sole trader.

    You generally have 2 years to amend your return, starting from the date you receive the notice of assessment. There’s no limit on the number of amendments you can make within this period.

    If you’ve provided false or misleading information to reduce the tax you owe, you can correct this through a voluntary disclosure in the approved form. This generally reduces any penalties that may apply.

    Remember, registered tax agents and BAS agents can help you with your tax.

  • Rate this article
  •  Average 3 out of 5