• Article Rating
  •  Average 3 out of 5
  • Need to fix something?

    30 October 2019

    As a small business owner you have a lot on your plate, including your tax and super responsibilities. It can be difficult to get everything right and sometimes mistakes happen.

    However, mistakes with your tax can cost you and your business time and money. If you find one, it's important that you fix it.

    If you've already lodged your 2019 tax return, you can correct a mistake by requesting an amendment to your return. You can do this:

    • with your registered tax agent
    • through myGov, if you're a sole trader
    • on the Business Portal
    • from your business software if it is enabled for Standard Business Reporting (SBR)
    • in writing.

    To help you avoid making mistakes in the future, use our tools, calculators and services for small businesses. You can also speak with a registered tax agent to better understand what you need to do and identify any areas for improvement.

    Find out about

  • Rate this article
  •  Average 3 out of 5