• Article Rating
  •  Average 3.5 out of 5
  • Pay contractors?

    8 July 2021

    You may need to lodge a Taxable payments annual report (TPAR) by 28 August if your business pays contractors to provide the following services:

    • building and construction
    • cleaning
    • courier services
    • road freight
    • IT and security
    • investigation or surveillance.

    Doing your TPAR involves three steps:

    • Prepare – work out if you need to report. Due to COVID-19, you may have contracted out more services in the past year, for example cleaning or delivery, so you may need to lodge a TPAR for the first time.
    • Record – check you’re keeping the right records, such as total payments you make to each contractor for services. This includes cash payments.
    • Report – lodge your TPAR online by 28 August. Lodging on time allows us to prefill the information in sole traders' tax returns. It also lets us check for contractors not meeting their tax obligations, as we work to keep it fair for those who do the right thing.

    Remember, registered tax agents and BAS agents can help you with your tax.

    Find out more:

  • Rate this article
  •  Average 3.5 out of 5