• Other relevant information



    This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.

    End of attention

    Tax file number

    Your tax file number (TFN) and ABN will be pre-printed on your application form. Your organisation may not have been previously notified of its TFN. All organisations that have been registered with an ABN, have been allocated a TFN for Tax Office processing purposes.

    Applying for a refund of franking credits

    Your organisation will need to lodge the application form contained in this information pack to obtain a refund of franking credits. You may be asked to provide copies of dividend and/or distribution statements that support your entitlement to a refund. Each income tax exempt charity (ITEC) and deductible gift recipient (DGR) entitled to a refund of franking credits must lodge a separate application form.

    When to lodge an application

    An Application for refund of franking credits for the income year 1 July 2004 to 30 June 2005 should be lodged after 30 June 2005. If you require an application form for previous years (2001, 2002, 2003 or 2004), please phone 1300 130 248.

    Where to lodge the application form

    Please send the completed application form to the following address:

    Australian Taxation Office
    PO Box 1130
    PENRITH  NSW  2740

    What if you discover an error after you have lodged your organisation's application form?

    Please write a letter to the above address. Include your organisation's full name, postal address, contact number and ABN. The letter should clearly state what the correction is, for example, the amount by which you wish to increase or decrease your franking credits, and the reasons for the change. The letter should be signed and dated by the authorised person of your organisation (for example, the company secretary).

      Last modified: 20 Jul 2015QC 18199