If you need more information about TFNs or ABNs, see:
- you can phone 13 28 61 between 8.00am and 6.00pm, Monday to Friday, or
- if you are in business, phone 13 28 66 between 8.00am and 6.00pm, Monday to Friday.
If you phone us we need to know we are talking to the correct person before discussing your tax affairs. We will ask you for details only you, or your authorised representative, would know.
To assist with your enquiry you may also quote your TFN if you have one. It is not an offence not to quote your TFN, but quoting it reduces the risk of administrative errors that may delay the processing of your enquiry.
If you do not speak English well and want to talk to a tax officer, phone the Translating and Interpreting Service on 13 14 50 for help with your call.
If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment, phone the ATO through the National Relay Service (NRS) on the numbers listed below:
Tax file number and Australian business number information for savings accounts and investments.Last modified: 16 Mar 2015QC 16808
- TTY users, phone 13 36 77 and ask for the ATO number you need
- Speak and Listen (speech to speech relay) users, phone 1300 555 727 and ask for the ATO number you need
- internet relay users, connect to the NRS on relayservice.com.auExternal Link and ask for the ATO number you need.