Cancelling tax types
You can cancel specific tax types associated with your clients' activity statement roles using the BAS Agent Portal.
The following tax types are eligible for cancellation where the tax type has a status of active (ACT), inactive (INA), or non-reporting (NRP):
- goods and services tax (GST)
- income tax (PAYG) withholding (ITW)
- luxury car tax (LCT)
- wine equalisation tax (WET).
The fuel tax credit (FTC) is eligible for cancellation where it has a status of active (ACT).
Where to start
Once you have logged into the portal, enter your client's Australian business number (ABN) on the home page under Your clients and select Client details from the drop-down menu.
Select the Registrations radio button to view details and cancel a tax type.
Alternatively, you can find your client using the Client directory.
When cancelling a tax type, it is important to note:
- the Cancel tax type button will only display where tax types are eligible for cancellation
- you cannot cancel an ABN using the portal
- the fuel tax credit (FTC) tax type can be cancelled individually, but FTC must be cancelled if GST is cancelled.
After you finish
Cancelling a tax type using the portal will update records immediately.
Detailed help is available on portal HelpExternal Link:
Log in to the BAS Agent PortalYou can cancel specific tax types associated with your clients' activity statement roles using the BAS Agent Portal.