Using portal mail
You can use the BAS Agent Portal to send and receive messages on a range of topics. To access mail, login to the portal and select Mail from the left menu.
On this page
- select New message from the left menu
- select the appropriate topic and subject to ensure your message is sent to the correct area
- send a separate message for each subject
- include all relevant information in the message, including
- your client's name, Australian business number (ABN) or withholder payer number (WPN)
- details supporting your request or enquiry
- attach all supporting information.
After submitting your message, you will be issued with a receipt number. A copy of the message will be stored in your Mail – Sent items.
Where a message has been sent by you from your Inbox – we will reply to your Inbox
Make sure your email notification is set up with your current email address, so you are alerted to any secure messages from us.
The email notification we send to you from the portal will always be from a single trusted email address: Taxofficeportalmessagenotify@ato.gov.au. The subject line will change depending on the topic.
Replying to a message
To reply to a message in your Inbox:
- select the message
- select Reply
- include all the relevant information in the message
- attach all supporting information
- Send the reply.
After replying your message, you will be issued with a receipt number. A copy of the message will be stored in your Mail – Sent items.
Detailed help is available on Portal HelpExternal Link:
Log in to the BAS Agent PortalYou can use the BAS Agent Portal to send and receive messages on a range of topics.