Lodge an objection
Information to assist you can be found at How to object to a decision and refer to:
End of attention
- the section titled What to include in your objection in the left menu, under In detail select Information for your objection, which outlines the supporting documentation required for the different objection topics.
Using the portal to lodge objections means your requests will reach the right area quicker
Where to start
There are several steps to lodging an objection.
- Understand what can and can't be objected to
- Research the issue and prepare the objection
- Download and complete the Objection form – for tax professionals. Save it to your computer.
- Submit the objection via the portal.
Once you have logged into the portal:
- go to Online forms in the left menu – all available online forms will display
- select Private ruling application and objections, then Next
- select the Main subject of the objection from the drop down menu, then Next
- complete the Information required questions presented
- attach your completed Objection form – for tax professionals
- select Browse to locate and select the Objection form – for tax professionals on your computer
- select Attach.
Objections lodged using the portal do not have to be physically signed by the taxpayer or the registered agent, as they are lodged using your approved electronic signature.
End of attention
When looking into your objection, we may need to ask for further information to assist us to make a decision.
If this is the case, we will send you a secure message through portal Mail, which will detail what we require.
You will need to make sure you are set up to receive an email notificationExternal Link to advise when we have sent you a message.
Submit additional information
If you need to provide additional information to support an already submitted objection, use the Further information online form and existing receipt number.
Login to the portal and go to Mail – sent, then
- locate the submitted objection, select Provision of further information, 'Further information online' will open with the correct Receipt number and client information already populated, and select Next
- once you get to the File attachment screen, attach any additional evidence or supporting documents using Browse and Attach and adding to 'Additional attachment'.
Detailed help on lodging an objection is available on Portal HelpExternal Link:
Log in to the Tax Agent Portal
Log in to the BAS Agent PortalUsing the portal to lodge objections means your requests will reach the right area quicker.