Show download pdf controls
  • Family assistance payments

    Do you have clients that are entitled to or received family assistance payments for 2016–17? Make sure their, and if applicable, their spouses' 2017 tax returns are lodged by 30 June 2018. If your clients are entitled to family assistance but didn’t receive any payments last financial year, let them know they will also need to lodge a lump sum claim with the Department of Human Services (Centrelink) by 30 June 2018.

    You should notify us if lodgment is not required. If your client doesn't lodge or advise they don’t need to lodge in time, they could miss out on a top-up or supplement payment. They may even have to pay back family assistance amounts they received last financial year.

    If your client or their spouse has been granted a lodgment deferral by us to lodge after 30 June 2018, they should contact Centrelink to discuss their circumstances.

    If your client needs more information about family assistance, they can go to the Department of Human ServicesExternal Link.

    See also:

    Last modified: 13 Jun 2018QC 55993