Show download pdf controls
  • Water register stocktake closes soon

    Do you have foreign clients who invest in Australian water?

    They may need to register their interests with us on the Register of Foreign Ownership (Water Register) by 30 November 2017, if they have interests in:

    • registrable water entitlements
    • contractual water rights.

    We will use the register to report on foreign ownership of water entitlements in the future.

    From 1 December 2017, your clients must report all new investments in Australian water, or tell us if their investment circumstances change throughout the year. They will need to notify us no later than 30 days after the end of the financial year in which the investment or change occurred.

    Penalties may apply for failure to report.

    See also:

    Last modified: 14 Nov 2017QC 53910