• Foreign income

    Generally, your clients must declare all income they received from foreign sources during the financial year in their tax returns.

    Foreign income includes:

    • business income
    • foreign employment income
    • most pensions and annuities
    • bank interest
    • dividends
    • royalties
    • rent
    • capital gains
    • personal services income.

    Remind your clients that the foreign income data we exchange with other countries has increased in recent years, and that information is now automatically shared with us.

    See also:

    Last modified: 30 May 2016QC 45701