Discrepancies between the information sent to your clients and the information reported to us for pre-filling need to be resolved with the data provider before you lodge your client's return.
If your client needs the full bank account or SRN/HIN to follow up with the data provider they should contact us for those details. The query will be referred to our Third Party Data Management team who will be able to provide the required details as long as the client is able to satisfy our proof of identity procedures.
If you are unable to resolve the discrepancy or have notification that the account does not belong to your client, you can contact us by:
- using 'Portal mail' – our preferred method of contact. To use Portal mail
- select Mail in the navigation bar on the left side of the screen
- select Income tax as the mail topic
- select 2007 and later years incorrect pre-filling data as the heading
- phoning us on 13 72 86 Fast Key Code 2 1 4.
Provide as much detail as possible to help us investigate your issue.
The pre-filling document has been updated to reflect current data availability and steps your client can take to acquire the full bank account details if they need to query pre-filled interest amounts.