Feedback and complaints
Your feedback is valuable and will help improve our products and services.
If you want to give feedback, you can:
- submit a Portal feedback form through the Tax Agent or BAS Agent Portal
- submit an online form to provide comments about our website
- phone us on 13 72 86
- speak to the tax officer you have been dealing with.
If you are not satisfied with our decisions, services or actions, you have the right to make a complaint. We treat your complaints seriously and aim to resolve them as quickly as possible.
We recommend you first discuss the situation with:
- the tax officer you have been dealing with
- the officer's manager if you are not satisfied.
If you are still not satisfied, you can lodge a complaint by:
- submitting a Tax practitioner complaints online form through the Tax Agent or BAS Agent Portal
- phoning 13 72 86 Fast Key Code 3 2 1.
Other avenues available to you
Once we have finalised your complaint, if you're still unsatisfied with the outcome, you may contact the Inspector General of Taxation to investigate your concerns by:
If you have a complaint about privacy or confidentiality and you are not satisfied after lodging a formal complaint or with the way we have handled your complaint, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by:
See also:We respect your right to provide us with feedback or make a complaint about one of our decisions, services or actions.