Show download pdf controls
  • Feedback and complaints


    Your feedback is valuable and will help improve our products and services.

    If you want to give feedback, you can:

    • submit feedback within our online services using the feedback forms
    • speak to the tax officer you have been dealing with
    • phone us on 13 72 86


    If you are not satisfied with our decisions, services or actions, you have the right to make a complaint. We treat your complaints seriously and aim to resolve them as quickly as possible.

    We recommend you first discuss the situation with:

    • the tax officer you have been dealing with
    • the officer's manager if you are not satisfied.

    If you are still not satisfied, you can lodge a complaint by:

    • submitting a Tax practitioner complaints online form through Online services for agents 
    • phoning 13 72 86 Fast Key Code 3 2 1.

    See also:

    Other avenues available to you

    Once we have finalised your complaint, if you're still unsatisfied with the outcome, you may contact the Inspector General of Taxation to investigate your concerns:

    If you have a complaint about privacy or confidentiality and you are not satisfied after lodging a formal complaint or with the way we have handled your complaint, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by:

    Last modified: 25 Nov 2019QC 17267