Choice to include excess concessional contributions in assessable income
We are authorised by the Taxation Administration Act 1953 to request you to provide your tax file number (TFN). We will use your TFN to identify you in our records. It is not an offence not to provide your TFN but if you don’t there may be a delay in processing your application.
We are also authorised to collect information on this form under the following Acts:
- First Home Saver Accounts Act 2008 and its respective regulations
- Taxation Administration Act 1953
- Income Tax Assessment Act 1936
- Income Tax Assessment Act 1997
- A New Tax System (Family Assistance)(Administrations) Act 1999
We will use this information to help us to administer the tax and super laws.
Where authorised by law, we may give this information to other government departments and agencies, including:
- Department of Education
- Department of Employment
- Department of Social Services
- Department of Human Services
- Department of Immigration and Border Protection
- State and Federal Police
- Australian Securities & Investment Commission
- Australian Prudential Regulation Authority
- Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Reserve Bank of Australia.
Find out more
End of find out more
- treaty partners
- Australian Business Register (ABR)External Link
- phone us on 13 28 66 between 8.00 am and 6.00pm Monday to Friday for more about agencies receiving information from the ABR
- write to us at GPO box 9990 in your capital city.