Departing Australia superannuation payment(s)
This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
We are authorised by the Taxation Administration Act 1953 to request your tax file number (TFN). We will use your TFN to identify you in our records. It is not an offence not to provide your TFN but if you don't there may be a delay processing your departing Australia superannuation payment (DASP) application.
We are also authorised to collect your personal information on this form under one or more of the following Acts:
- Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act 1993
- Retirement Savings Account Act 1997
- Small Superannuation Accounts Act 1995
- Superannuation (Unclaimed Monies and Lost member) Act 1999
- Income tax Assessment Act 1936.
We will use this information to help us process your application. If we do not collect this information your application may be delayed.
Where authorised by law, we may give this information to other government departments and agencies, including:
- Department of Education
- Department of Employment
- Department of Social Services
- Department of Human Services
- Department of Immigration and Border Protection
- State and Federal Police
- Australian Securities & Investment Commission
- Australian Prudential Regulation Authority
- Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Reserve Bank of Australia.
Where your application is lodged by an intermediary we may notify you that an application has been lodged on your behalf. We also provide taxpayer information to treaty partners overseas under international tax agreements.
Find out more
End of find out more
- treaty partners
- write to us at GPO box 9990 in your capital city.