We're recruiting to expand our workforce and we wants people like you with specialist skills to apply for our jobs.
On this page
We're hiring leaders in tax
Be part of something big and join us to advance your career and Australia too. Build your experience with work you can't do anywhere else.
Applications for the following positions are now open:
- Tax Directors (Executive Level 2 – $135,609 to $153,703, plus 15.4% super)External Link
- Tax Directors Indigenous Affirmative Measures (Executive Level 2 – $135,609 to $153,703, plus 15.4% super)External Link
- Tax Managers (Executive Level 1 – $112,682 to $122,848, plus 15.4% super)External Link
- Tax Managers Indigenous Affirmative Measures (Executive Level 1 – $112,682 to $122,848, plus 15.4% super)External Link
Virtual Town Hall information session
We recently held a Virtual Town Hall session to provide some further information about the roles we’re recruiting for and how the selection process will work. Watch the recording to find out why the ATO should be the next step in your career and how you can do work that makes a difference.
Roles coming soon
The following roles are coming soon:
- International Technical Specialist (Executive Level 2 – $135,609 to $153,703, plus 15.4% super)
- International Technical Specialist (Executive Level 1 – $112,682 to $122,848, plus 15.4% super)
- International Data Specialist (APS 5 – $$81,394 to $86,376, plus 15.4% super)
- Measurement and Evaluation Manager (Executive Level 1 – $112,682 to $122,848, plus 15.4% super)
- Measurement and Evaluation Officer (APS 6 – $95,181 to $101,008, plus 15.4% super)
- Measurement and Evaluation Officer (APS 5 – $$81,394 to $86,376, plus 15.4% super)
You can also find out more about what we can offer you and search for jobs on our ATO CareersExternal Link portal.
Specialist support to deliver key government initiatives
If you're looking for a rewarding career, join us to help tackle big tax avoiders. You'll lead diverse and challenging projects that help fund critical services and infrastructure for the Australian community.
In 2021–22 we collected $648 billion in tax. Our net tax collections were up 14% from the previous year, which was a $64 billion increase. We also achieved total revenue effects of $15.5 billion through our activities to improve taxpayer compliance.
One key contributor to driving these positive revenue outcomes for the community is the Tax Avoidance Taskforce (TAT).
The TAT helps address tax avoidance by:
- optimising tax performance of large corporate groups and ensuring they pay the right amount of tax, with an increased focus on medium and emerging large businesses
- increasing scrutiny for private groups and high wealth individuals. This focus will improve tax governance and reduce profit shifting and failing to disclose foreign sourced income
- pursuing intermediaries and promoters of tax avoidance schemes
- preventing abuse of trusts and high-risk trust arrangements.
The growth of this capability provides the opportunity for energetic, focused and driven people to join the ATO.
Jobs in the Tax Avoidance Taskforce
The taskforce ensures multinational enterprises, large public and private businesses (and associated individuals) pay the right amount of tax in Australia. We have jobs for a mix of highly specialised candidates with targeted expertise, as well as general tax officers, to deliver compliance activities working in our:
- Client Engagement group – we administer tax and super systems through working with the community.
- Smarter Data program – we drive the evolution of data use through analytics integration, data democratisation and visualisation, artificial intelligence and more.
- Law Design and Practice group – we ensure the tax and super laws are informed, understood, administered, and applied with confidence.
Work with us
Join the ATO and experience work variety that gives you endless career opportunities in the one organisation.
If you are ready for a job with:
- meaningful, diverse and challenging work
- unique work that will shape your career path and help you stand out from the crowd
- genuine flexibility to pursue both professional and personal goals.
We are looking to fill jobs with:
If you have experience in any of these fields and are interested in working with us, we’d like to hear from you. Add your details to the employment registerExternal Link and we'll contact you if we identify job opportunities that suit your skills. You may also like to set up a job alertExternal Link to be advised of jobs suited to you.
Find more information about what we can offer you and search for jobs on our ATO CareersExternal Link portal.
Subscribe to job alertWe're recruiting to expand our workforce and we wants people like you with specialist skills to apply for our jobs.