The objectives of this data-matching program are to:
- help ensure that individuals and businesses are fulfilling their tax and superannuation reporting obligations
- identify and educate those individuals and businesses who may be failing to meet their reporting obligations and assist them to comply with
- lodgment of tax returns
- the correct reporting of rental income and the associated deductions
- capital gains tax obligations for properties used to derive income
- gain insights from the data that may help to develop and implement treatment strategies to improve voluntary compliance; which may include educational, behavioural or compliance activities for individuals and businesses that lease or let real property.