The Shareable Content Working Group met on 17 March 2021
Members discussed ABN Data and business location. Members were advised about data integrity issues around main business addresses and why it is crucial for the ATO to have business location data correct, especially in times of emergencies or to provide business’ with relevant communication.
New products reviewed and discussed
New products reviewed and discussed included:
- Several new video scripts. Members were asked to view the scripts created as an instructional demonstration on how to perform common tasks in online services for agents to ensure the instructional steps were correct and to advise if there was anything missing.
- How to add a GST registration
- Creating a payment plan
- Progress of return
- How to cancel a GST registration.
- Pay as you go (PAYG) instalment fact sheet aimed at investors.
This is a new product which will be included in the investors’ toolkit. For those investors new to PAYG Instalments, the aim is to educate new investors on voluntary entry to the PAYG Instalment system and making payments.
- Excise alcohol fact sheet aimed at alcohol retailers.
Communication developed for businesses in retail liquor, providing education and increasing awareness around excise and customs laws as well as compliance requirements.Summary of key topics discussed at the Tax Time Shareable Content Working Group meeting on 17 March 2021